In the B2B world, the term lead magnet is often used within online and digital marketing circles to describe something that a company offers in exchange for a lead handing over their contact details. Lead magnets can come in a range of different shapes and sizes. If you’re new in B2B digital marketing, it’s essential to know the importance of lead magnets and the best lead magnets you can use to boost your marketing strategies.
What Is a Lead Magnet?
Lead magnets are marketing assets B2B marketers offer to their target audience, usually in exchange for their email address, to gain their interest as a lead. A lead magnet is an attractively designed and typically free download or authoritative information piece.
Lead magnets can also help you identify real people that visit your website and confirm that there’s at least some interest in your product or service. Lead magnets also reinforce brand value, establish authority in your industry, and position your company as a helpful resource during a buying decision.
Five Best Lead Magnets for B2B Digital Marketing
So what are some lead magnets that you can use, and how could they be used effectively? Here are five useful lead magnets in B2B digital marketing.
The most commonly used lead magnets, webinars allow companies to present their product and services with a large group of opt-in attendees. Webinars offer an impactful way for organizations and entrepreneurs to connect with their audiences on a much more personal level. As webinars take place in an interactive environment, you can build rapport and trust with your audiences, taking the time to answer any questions.
How to make webinars most effective? Here are some best practices:
- Make your landing page more than just a sign-up form. Utilize it to promote and generate anticipation
- Remember the perspective and pain points of your audience and use them in your introduction and content
- Broaden your webinar’s lifespan by recording it and promote it via social media channels, websites, and outbound marketing
Newsletters are an excellent lead magnet for long-term nurture campaigns. They are effective in keeping businesses on the radar screen of your prospective clients and building a steady relationship with their existing customers. Here are some great ways to create a compelling newsletter:
- Keep the design simple yet attractive to your readers
- Don’t put too much information in the newsletter and use enticing keywords to attract your readers
- Don’t forget to ask your readers to provide feedback
Whitepapers are the most used lead magnets in B2B because of their versatility. A whitepaper can also be used in any part of the purchase cycle and its longer format enables businesses to address essential topics that capture their target audience. To make a compelling whitepaper, you need to follow these pointers:
- Pick a topic carefully and select pain points that your target audience would be concerned about at their specific stage of the purchase cycle
- Present both problem and solution in an accessible, easy-to-read way and make sure to include introductions, table of contents, and a call to action
- Incorporate data and expert opinion to add credibility. Insert links to outside content that readers can refer to in order to find out about specific topics in-depth
- Free Consultations
Since everyone likes freebies, using free consultations as a lead generation strategy is a great idea. Free consultations provide your sales and marketing team with an opportunity to build an intimate rapport with your potential customers and understand their concerns. Here are some of the pointers to establish an effective free consultation that captures leads:
- Know your expectations (How long will it be? What will it cover? What can your prospect get from it?)
- Make sure that your prospects are the center of the conversation. One effective way of doing this is to provide your experts with a soft script that includes an introduction about what you have to offer and addressing their pain points to show that you understand their problem
- Follow up the consultation with other lead magnets such as whitepapers, webinars, and newsletters
- Product Demos
Product demos are lead magnets that give businesses the opportunity to showcase their products and services to their prospective clients. At this point, your prospects are now interested in your products and/or services and this is your chance to seal the deal and convince them that you are a perfect choice. Just make sure that you know what the demo needs to cover so you can address specific challenges and show how your service or product can help them overcome that concern. A good product demo must include these three critical points:
- Ethos – A Greek term refers to the character and credibility of the speaker
- Pathos – A term refers to the emotional disposition of the audience
- Logos – An element pertains to the logical consistency of your presentation
If you want to boost your lead generation strategies, these five lead magnets can definitely help you succeed in your venture. For more lead generation strategies and tips, Markable Solutions is open to your concerns. We offer a state-of-the-art lead generation strategy designed for growth-oriented B2B companies looking for ways to boost lead flow and revenue surge.