In this customer-facing industry, satisfying the ever-expanding range of customer demands means to provide an experience that is more personalized and reliable regardless of the customers’ chosen channel when purchasing products and services. While many traditional communication channels like emails and phone calls are still useful, many companies are now offering increasingly diverse contact channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms. That is why many SMEs and startup companies are looking for an omnichannel customer support service provider that will help them lead the industry’s tight competition.
What Is An Omnichannel Customer Support Service?
Omnichannel customer support service means seamlessly meeting customers on the channel/s that they want at every level of interaction with your company. It also allows consumers to move back and forth between an organization’s both physical and digital mediums, depending on their necessities and preferences. Today, many industries that count on multichannel interactions including telecommunications, retail, banking, insurance, and healthcare are considering using an omnichannel customer support service. But why? Here are some reasons:
- A recent study of Aberdeen Group stated that companies delivering a strong omnichannel customer engagement retained 89% of their customers, compared to 33% for companies with weak customer engagement.
- According to Bain Research, omnichannel customers are the most valuable for companies as they spend significantly more with a remarkably higher customer lifetime value.
Key Considerations with Omnichannel Customer Support Service
To build omnichannel capabilities progressively, companies need to take the following points:
- Know Your Target Market – Companies need to identify vital customer segments and evaluate their needs, actions, and preferences to create the right customer support service model.
- Establish Your Business Processes – Develop unique, digital processes and accentuate the automation necessary to know your company’s full potential when it comes to providing omnichannel customer support services to your prospects and existing clients.
- Utilize the Right Supporting Technology – Omnichannel customer support service depends on the following key areas
- IT governance and alignment (IT priorities)
- Technology (Systems, Infrastructure, and Data)
- Capabilities (Processes, Organization, and Talent)
Benefits of Omnichannel Customer Support Service
If implemented effectively, this form of customer service can bring the following benefits:
- Greater Customer Insights
Providing greater customer insights is one of the benefits of having an omnichannel customer support service Different channels such as social media platforms, chat, forums, and even webinars leave a valuable written trace of customer interaction. When these streams of data are converted into customer insights, companies can determine how their customers’ needs are varying across different channels, allowing them to personalized their customers’ experience on each channel.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
Customers appreciate when companies value their time and effort. If customers can’t find quick answers to questions about the product or service, they would abandon an online purchase. Many customers now prefer self-service channels (Chatbots and Virtual Agents) to resolve their queries or to purchase a product or service. Allowing them to use their preferred medium will increase their level of satisfaction.
- Boost Productivity and Job Satisfaction
If your company can respond to simple queries via more time-efficient channels such as live chat and webinars, it frees up your agents’ time to undergo training, focus on more complex issues, and produce added value for your organization. This surges their level of job satisfaction and helps them feel motivated and empowered, making them more likely loyal to the company.
Whether it is inbound or outbound customer support service, omnichannel is more time and cost-effective than allocating all agent manpower to traditional phone channels. An omnichannel strategy passes the bulk of the operational burden from agents’ shoulders to technological systems.
- Stay Ahead of the Competition
Omnichannel is the future of B2B customer support services. It helps companies reach their full potentials by reaching their prospects and maintaining good relationships with their existing customers, giving them the opportunity to stay on top of the competition
Furthermore, outsourcing this type of customer service to a reliable B2B customer call center support service provider that offers omnichannel solutions is a practical yet effective strategy to generate leads and revenue.
Markable Solutions’ omnichannel support in 24+ languages available in 24X7X365 is everything you need to provide a delightful, remarkable customer experience.