SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Content Syndication

SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Content Syndication

Content Syndication helps you acquire links as well as gain search engine visibility without having to write an entirely new article. It not only saves time, it also helps you establish strong enduring relationships with various websites. It’s important to be selective about websites with whom you syndicate your content because Google (especially) hates inflow of too many links. Canonical tags and internal links in the article should help you from getting flagged.

How effective is Content Syndication

Online B2B content syndication offers you the opportunity to reach a larger audience. Some of the major benefits you will enjoy are:

  • Good visibility to a broad and relevant audience with quality link back
  • Syndication through tele-nurturing helps you generate high quality lead
  • Content syndication using rich marketing/sales collateral helps in asserting the company brand
Things can go wrong too

When you syndicate your content, you are producing replica pages with duplicate content that crawlers will go through when a search query is made. Although bots do try to find the original content source, often pages of the websites to whom you have syndicated, will rank higher than your original page.

So, if you are unfamiliar with the mechanisms of rel=canonical and no-index tags, you will relegate your original content straight into oblivion.

In the worst possible circumstance search engines will identify your original page as duplicate content and ultimately will hide it completely from search results.

Safe Content Syndication Tips
  • Rel = Canonical: Adding a rel=canonical tag on the syndicated article page and routing that tag back to the original article alerts Google that the syndicated content is just a copy, and that you are the original publisher.
  • Noindex: Noindex tag on page header requests search engine bots to avoid indexing the web page content yet pass on the valuable page also known as “link juice”.
  • Maintain 60/40 (Original/Repurposed) balance: Using 60% original content and repurposing the rest of the 40% article can help you achieve better search engine optimization (SEO) results.
Download Whitepaper
Recent Blogs
  • Two Things about Telemarketing Services we bet you didn’t notice!

    Today, B2B lead gen partners adopt an overarching strategy that includes multi-touch campaigns to reach the right target audience and establish meaningful relationships with them. They adopt email marketing, content syndication, and telemarketing to reach prospective buyers. Email marketing is a great tool; it can produce high-quality leads for your business when used correctly. Similarly, content

    May 29, 2024
  • BANT: A double-edged sword? How to use the lead qualification methodology smartly?

    Are you fully harnessing the power of the BANT lead qualification methodology in your lead generation process? Despite its long-standing use, some may question its effectiveness in engaging today’s evolved buyers. However, when used intelligently, BANT can provide invaluable insights into your prospects’ needs and intentions, empowering you to make informed decisions. While some argue that

    May 28, 2024
  • Why does your email marketing campaign not generate high-quality leads?

    Email marketing is a powerful tool that has long been aiding businesses in connecting with their target audience and achieving their B2B lead generation goals. 50% of B2B marketers in the US consider email marketing the most effective channel in their multi-channel strategy. This statistic is further reinforced by the fact that 36% of B2B professionals have already

    May 22, 2024
  • Is Email Marketing dead? Are you sure?

    Email marketing never died, it’s alive and ticking. A piece of advice here – don’t kill it! Those who say that email marketing does not work anymore are either unaware of the changing trends or ill-equipped to leverage it to connect with prospective buyers. Times may change, but you as business owners need to understand

    May 7, 2024
  • 3 Secrets of Successful B2B Marketing Fueling Growth in 2024

    Sssh.. The secret is out!  Spilling the beans on a successful lead generation process in 2024. According to DemandSage, 2024, for 85% of B2B companies, lead generation is a top priority. But the B2B lead generation landscape has its own set of challenges. Today, businesses are scrambling to acquire high-quality leads, dealing with unverified databases,

    May 7, 2024

How can we help you?

We love questions and feedback – and we’re always happy to help! Please click below to contact us.