Social media marketing is one of the most powerful ways for businesses to reach their target prospects. Everyone across diverse industries is trying to make it work in their own way. Companies are moving heaven and earth to leverage it optimally. Marketers are doing everything to create trending Facebook, Twitter or Instagram posts thereby overflowing social networks with text, videos and graphics.
So, everybody has started moving full steam ahead on the social media train without any idea of their final destination or judgement of when they will go off the rails. Social media marketing is laden with challenges thereby leaving unready marketers perplexed, overwhelmed and mystified.
In this blog, we will list down all these major social media marketing challenges.
- Connection with audience and getting attention – One of the primary challenges that social media marketers face is connecting with the target audience and grabbing their interest. Having a social profile is not enough when it comes to social marketing. Brands have to make an impression and get noticed.
- Content Creation – Getting prospects attention is not an easy task. You need to constantly produce original, good quality content and present it innovatively every single time. Visuals, graphics, videos, good marketing collateral – everything counts.
- Content Promotion – You cannot wait for your content to reach your target audience magically. You need to promote the content at the right place and reach out the right audience instead of waiting for them to get in touch with you. Content promotion requires skill and can be very time-consuming. This can be intimidating especially, for start-ups and small businesses.
- Developing a successful social media marketing strategy – Any mistake in strategizing your social media marketing plan can jeopardize the whole process. Your campaign can be doomed if your social goals are not integrated current business goals and digital marketing strategy. Goal metrics, frequency for content sharing, keywords, call-to-action, etc; should be all documented beforehand.
- New and ever evolving social platforms – It all started with Bulletin Board Systems then CompuServe, Classmates.com, Friendster, Linkedin, Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Snapchat, Instagram and Pinterest and then list goes on and on. These social media networking platforms have been launching and evolving wildly. Companies (B2B and B2C) should always suitably evaluate and strategize before creating social profiles.
- Clicks but no conversions – It is very much possible that after doing everything right, you still don’t get any conversions. Social marketing is a long term effort yet short term goals help you analyze things better.
- Social media measurement – According to Adobe’s research, 52% of marketers pointed out that complexity in measuring ROI is the major reason of frustration in social media marketing. Marketers are stalled by questions such as:
- How to measure effectiveness of a social media marketing campaign?
- Which metrics should be used to monitor campaign?
- How to calculate used metrics and interpret numbers?
If you are facing any of these social media marketing challenges and need help then call us at +1 (408) 799 4081.